Monday, December 7, 2015

It's finally over!


Congratulations, you did it. You made it though another year of cyber-week sales. This doesn't feel like a big accomplishment, but for those you have a hole burning in their pocket from the plastic piece trying to get out, you are a champion. 
Cyber week is the week following the Thanksgiving season and Black Friday shopping nightmare. Originally only started to continue sales, it has become a bit of a phenomenon. I personally think that people have taken things too far. Yes stores offer some decent sales, but for what, an over-consumeristic society? Social media is filled with similar shenanigans. Who is the latest trending star; which video made you laugh the loudest? After taking social media principles I have not only learned about the background workings of social media, but I have learned what I hate about it as well. 
Social media things like cyber week. It takes the fun out of shopping for someone. Having the christmas ads out one day after Thanksgiving makes the season, less of a jolly time. It is my hope that marketers find out that most people do not like seeing that stuff so soon, and will save it to at least December. 

1 comment:

  1. I always work on Black Friday so I never go shopping, plus I don't like the crowds. I rarely participate in Cyber Monday/Week either. When I shop I like to get unique items so most of my gifts are purchased on Etsy or a similar site. Most of those don't have deals so I never really pay much attention to sales after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete