Monday, November 30, 2015

Are you 'Pinterested'?

While looking at what's new in social media, I came across something interesting about Pinterest. They have launched a new visual search tool. The tool "Lets you find all those things you don't have words to describe." I saw new icon (a magnifying glass in brackets) but I didn't understand what it was for.
Being an avid Pinner this tool is fantastic. I often can't describe what I want to look up, so I will definitely be using this new feature. To use the new feature start by searching something similar to the item you are interested in, say a laptop. When the results come up, click on one to make it bigger. In the top right hand corner there will be a magnifying glass in brackets, click this and "crop" the item. The new results will be at the bottom, and you can scroll through just like you normally would.
The visual search tool seems really great especially if you are redecorating a house. The only down side I can see so far, is not being able to take a picture of something you want to look up, but like with all things they will figure out a way.
Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment