Saturday, September 5, 2015

Not so social

We call it social media, but are we actually being social? Spending the last four days down in San Antonio, Texas I've noticed more cell phone use (ie social media) than I have human interactions. As I was sitting with my family and our newly graduated Airman, she (our Airman) says "Wow guys, you are ridiculous." I looked down and thought yes we are. So I put my phone down for some human contact. 

These social media sites only make us social if we are communicating with someone. Posting a "status" doesn't accomplish this goal. Yes, sometimes people will comment on them, but do you accurately convey their emotions? Whether you do or you don't, talking to someone face to face is always better then telling a bunch of your "friends" the same generic message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment