Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Which one Wins?

For my final book blog it is my job to pick which book I liked the best. My response is eh...well...they're all good? This class is not one I need to complete for my degree, rather to expand my horizons. With that being said I thought the class was going to be different, meaning I didn't think it was going to be the background workings of social media. I thought I was going to learn other things about social media.
Regardless of my thoughts on the class, the books were equally confusing and dry. They weren't that way because they were written poorly but because I didn't have enough interest in the subject. Real-Time Marketing and PR taught me to act quickly. Share This taught me the background workings of each social media channel. Measure What Matters taught me how to analyze  each channel. Together the three books taught me what the roles of  public relations and marketing people actually does. Before I thought it was mostly press conferences and fliers. I was mistaken.
Tanking this class was for the most part fun. Although I did not love the course material, I did learn a lot, that I would otherwise not have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment